Monday, June 12, 2006

Any Last Requests?

Tommorow is the last day of school for the littlest coffee beans. Coincidentally, it's my first day on the job as full time chauffeur, nutritionist, housekeeper, personal chef, jailer, swim-slash-art-slash-music-slash-literacy coach, and personal assistant. During previous summers I had the luxury of using daycare, camp, or what have you while I toiled away someplace else in air conditioned comfort. Fast forward to 2006, and I'm now "working at home", which loosely translated, means "give up any hope of getting anything done between 9 and 6". Somewhere around New Year's Eve, when summer seemed like a distant mirage, I thought it would be good to actually use that $5K earmarked for summer camp for something more luxurious, like food, and the mortgage, and stuff.

So here I sit, somewhat nervous, but mostly hopeful that it's going to be a good summer for each of us. I've got a carefully planned schedule for each day, which includes a couple of hours for me to attend to work (read: websurfing and taking a nap) , and doesn't rely on Vitamin T (that's Television) for more than, say, 3 or 4 hours a day.

Wish me luck, I think I'm going to need it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home