Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Blog? What Blog?

Uh, yes it has been four months a while since I've posted! I blame writer's block, procrastination, laziness or a combination of the above.

It's been said that No One Cares What You Had For Lunch but I'm sure everyone is just dying to know what I made for dinner. And since I've been blathering on about Rachel Ray to everyone who will listen, I thought I'd pull a Julie Powell and blog about my success (mostly) with Rachel Ray's recipes. In doing so, I might slip in a few updates from my life.

Tonight's Dinner: Tomato-Basil Pasta Nests (RR365, #242)

Backstory:
Day 4 of Holiday Vacation for the kids, I have a cold, and my Peapod delivery is set for tonight, so I'm in forage mode. DH arrived home to take the kids out for errands, so as a delightful surprise I cooked and dined solo. <---- I never, ever, get to have dinner alone, so it's a treat!

Preparation:
This is about as easy as dinner gets. I had done a Costco run earlier, so picked up some garlic bread and the required pesto, the only things I needed that weren't on hand. I cheated and used vermicelli instead of angel hair, so this wasn't particularly "nesty". Otherwise it was an easy sauce (onions, garlic, tomatoes, fresh basil, pesto, parmesan) and was pretty good. I'd say a couple of notches above jar sauce, to be sure.

Rerun Potential:
Medium

Best Laid Plans: Tomorrow's Supper (w/ leftovers for Thursday) will BBQ Sloppy Chicken Pan Pizza (RR365, #71), and Friday is: Buffalo Turkey Burgers (RR365, #260).

[RR365 = Rachel Ray's 365: No Repeats]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home